- Arrive to work every day with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, & prepared for the shift.
- Maintain a strong sense of ownership of entire culinary offerings provided by Gin & Luck (G&L).
- Execute Culinary offerings with a high level of precision and care.
- Provide inspiration and creative influence to the Culinary Team in keeping with G&L Core Values.
- Assist Culinary management in all special projects, kitchen operations and menu development.
- Maintain patron satisfaction by executing, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings.
- Maintain Company policies and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain effective communication with culinary management team, FOH management team, and all staff.
- Maintain sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations with the advice of the Company.
- Assist in oversight of kitchen staff programming (service and hospitality standards) to ensure all duties are met and exceeded.
- Assist in maintenance of facility and provide opportunities for improvement.
- Work proactively with Event staff to execute all events to Gin & Luck standards.
- Communicate with Culinary Management nightly in “Post Op” about any opportunities to improve function and product of Kitchen
- Assist in training of new team members.
- Provide leadership to kitchen team in Executive Chef and Sous Chef’s absence.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability.
- Maintain complete knowledge of products and specifications. This includes ingredients, descriptions, sourcing, brands, allergens, etc.
- Use heightened awareness on any allergy table, and work to code according to our allergy standards.
- Check in with any staff working in your respective space upon arrival. See if you can help before beginning your assigned duties.
- Comply with sanitation standards and procedures according to health and legal regulations.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability, including early mornings or late nights, holidays, and time for all staff meetings and tastings.
- Focus on always continuing your education and into all facets of our operations, be it the Bar, Kitchen, Service, Coffee, and Tea programs.
- The employee is responsible for getting a shift covered if they cannot report to a scheduled shift (apart from sick reasons). If they cannot report to a shift and have exhausted all options for coverage, they must contact their supervisor to problem solve no less than 8 hours prior to their scheduled in time.
- Act in a professional manner and represent Death & Co / Gin & Luck graciously whether you are in house, traveling, or at another local establishment.
- Connection - We build relationships through intuition and empathy.
- Professionalism - We are ambassadors of Gin & Luck, inside and outside our businesses.
- A.B.K. - We execute with focus and work to completion.
- Excellence - We will forever be chasing excellence; it is a pursuit without end.
- Contagious Joy - When we're having fun, it emanates out and influences our work and the people around us.
- Line Cooks report to the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chefs
- Line Cooks work in tandem with the Sous Chefs, other Line Cooks and the rest of the back of house staff
- $22/hr plus a point percentage of the full house tip pool, based on hours worked per shift.
- Pre-tax transit benefits
- Gin & Luck Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gin & Luck is an award-winning hospitality group that creates cocktail anchored destinations and experiences across the US.
When it’s flagship bar Death & Co first opened its doors in New York City 2006, the establishment and its extraordinary talent behind the bar were credited with changing the art of drink-making and ushering in a new era of cocktail culture. Since then, Death & Co has expanded to have locations in Denver, Los Angeles, authored three award-winning books, and received numerous industry awards. The company has thrived under the stewardship of its owners, who have applied their complementary skill sets to build the Death & Co brand into new markets and experiences.
Gin & Luck is currently expanding beyond Death & Co with bars, restaurants and hotels nationwide. We are constantly seeking the best opportunities to fuel our growth, ultimately providing opportunities for our talented team members to continue to grow both personally and professionally!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)