- Connection - We build relationships through intuition and empathy.
- Professionalism - We are ambassadors of Gin & Luck, inside and outside our businesses.
- A.B.K. - We execute with focus and work to completion.
- Excellence - We will forever be chasing excellence; it is a pursuit without end.
- Contagious Joy - When we're having fun, it emanates out and influences our work and the
people around us.
- All management positions are expected to adhere to our guiding principle of Leadership, Managing, and Accountability (LMA)
- Provide a strong sense of leadership in all Front of House and Back of House activities. Hospitality and communication – lead by example.
- Maintain effective communication with ownership, management, leads, and all staff. Including a weekly meeting with management team in all departments.
- Maintain a reasonable response time for all communication. At minimum, a confirmation (by email, slack, text or call) same day with a timeline in regard to a full response.
- Meet with the admin and leadership teams (via virtually or in person when possible) monthly to review P&L and ensure all targets are being hit, as well as proactively plan improvements.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability. On days or nights off, be on call and ready to manage and respond to emergency situations.
- Directly oversee floor staff programming (service and hospitality standards) to ensure all duties
are met and exceeded.
- Oversee training of all positions.
- Be capable of covering any floor position when needed (for emergency purposes only).
- Daily monitoring of staff appearance, cleanliness, arrival time, tools etc.
- Monitor all positions in opening and closing responsibilities and service standards.
- Oversight of quality control of food, beverage and service offerings.
- Lead hiring for all positions led by the Death & Co Core Values.
- Establish sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations with the advice of the company.
- Coordinate with legal, human resources and accounting staff on matters pertaining to those departments
- Maximize company profitability with a target margin consistent with annual projections; establish and monitor financial controls; facilitate deposits and payroll to Company; develop and implement strategies to increase year over year sales.
- Produce and perform staff reviews on an annual, bi-annual and quarterly basis - dependent on position.
- Ensure nightly reports are sent out each evening – respond to all immediate action items noted in reports.
- From time to time, contribute to public relations and press inquiries in a professional manner as directed by Company. This may include verbal, written, radio, video or online interviews, and photos. All press inquiries made directly to you must be referred to Company.
- Work with all lead positions to maintain costing to ensure targets are being met.
- Events: events coordination and protocols; oversee department leads in developing events offerings; events quality control
- Maintain facility and oversee all facility maintenance / improvements.
- Execute payroll in accordance with company pay cycles
- Ensure that the property is up to date and compliant with all permitting, legal, DOB and DOH matters.
- Monitor, record and communicate employee benefits, PTO, benefits and wellness credits.
- Implementation of new hire onboarding and training syllabi
- Design and implementation of positional roadmaps
- Coordination of menu changes; timelines, printing, training materials etc.
- Oversight and implementation of FOH scheduling and time off requests.
- Point of sale maintenance.
- Monitor, evaluate, record and respond to customer reviews via email, phone and online apps.
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings: build relationships with preferred patrons; maintain good community relations
- Respond immediately and directly to all customer complaints. Every negative comment or reaction will be addressed by a manager and no customer leaves unhappy.
- Monitor restaurant and kitchen flow regarding timeliness during business hours, assist when and where necessary.
- Assist in the oversight of all daily/nightly operations, all spaces, FOH/BOH/Bar at all times.
- Opening and/or closing manager duties; reports, money, shift reports, closing of all Death & Co. spaces.
- General Manager reports to the National Director of Operations, VP of Food & Beverage and the company Partners
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Pre-tax transit benefits
- Gin & Luck Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Death & Co will provide and cover up to $100 of related carrier costs for the General Manager’s cell phone, to be expensed by the employee for reimbursement.
- The General Manager is entitled to a variable bonus program held against operating profit targets, as approved by the board. The General Manager’s target bonus is equal to 10% of their annual salary, assessed on a quarterly basis. Each bonus will be granted if the measurables are within a certain range of the planned budgets, as outlined. Bonuses will roll over, allowing the capture of the average % of the target. For example, if three quarters are down but the company ends at 100% of the target, the full bonus will be paid out after the last quarter of the year. Bonuses are paid 45 days after the end of the previous quarter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gin & Luck is an award-winning hospitality group that creates cocktail anchored destinations and experiences across the US.
When it’s flagship bar Death & Co first opened its doors in New York City 2006, the establishment and its extraordinary talent behind the bar were credited with changing the art of drink-making and ushering in a new era of cocktail culture. Since then, Death & Co has expanded to have locations in Denver, Los Angeles, authored three award-winning books, and received numerous industry awards. The company has thrived under the stewardship of its owners, who have applied their complementary skill sets to build the Death & Co brand into new markets and experiences.
Gin & Luck is currently expanding beyond Death & Co with bars, restaurants and hotels nationwide. We are constantly seeking the best opportunities to fuel our growth, ultimately providing opportunities for our talented team members to continue to grow both personally and professionally!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)