- Arrive to work every day with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, & prepared for the shift.
- Know and use the service guidelines outlined in the service manual.
- Know the table numbers and position numbers in all sections of the restaurant.
- Ability to multi-task with coordinated efforts between BOH and FOH harmonious flow of service.
- Attention to detail and check quality of service.
- Monitor restaurant and kitchen flow regarding timeliness during service and assist when and where necessary.
- Report all guest complaints to management immediately and follow our five steps for navigating guest complaints. Every negative comment/experience will be addressed by a manager so that no customer leaves unhappy.
- Build a thorough knowledge of the food and beverage items and their preparation available in all active spaces in the building.
- Build a thorough knowledge of our service standards and style as detailed by the Employee Manual.
- Be up to date on Slack, with particular attention to the Announcement Board and the Host, Pre-Shift, and Product Updates channels, before you arrive for your shift.
- Maintain a reasonable response time for all Slack communication: a minimum of an answer to any correspondence before your next shift.
- Treat all areas of the restaurant with respect. Clean & reset to zero when necessary.
- Help all departments whenever possible.
- Ask for help when you need it. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness!
- The employee is responsible for getting a shift covered if they cannot report to a scheduled shift (apart from sick reasons). If they cannot report to a shift and have exhausted all options for coverage, they must contact their supervisor to problem solve no less than 8 hours prior to their scheduled in time.
- ·Act in a professional manner and represent Gin & Luck graciously whether you are in house, traveling, or at another local establishment.
- Connection - We build relationships through intuition and empathy.
- Professionalism - We are ambassadors of Gin & Luck, inside and outside our businesses.
- A.B.K. - We execute with focus and work to completion.
- Excellence - We will forever be chasing excellence; it is a pursuit without end.
- Contagious Joy - When we're having fun, it emanates out and influences our work and the people around us.
- The Expo/Support reports directly to Lead Servers and the FOH Department Head/BOH Culinary Team and when necessary, other Department Heads and the property General Manager.
- The Expo/Support works in tandem with other Hosts/Support/Expo and FOH staff.
- $17.29/hr plus a point percentage of the full house tip pool, based on hours worked per shift.
- Pre-tax transit benefits.
- Gin & Luck Medical Benefits.
- Paid Time Off.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gin & Luck is an award-winning hospitality group that creates cocktail anchored destinations and experiences across the US.
When it’s flagship bar Death & Co first opened its doors in New York City 2006, the establishment and its extraordinary talent behind the bar were credited with changing the art of drink-making and ushering in a new era of cocktail culture. Since then, Death & Co has expanded to have locations in Denver, Los Angeles, authored three award-winning books, and received numerous industry awards. The company has thrived under the stewardship of its owners, who have applied their complementary skill sets to build the Death & Co brand into new markets and experiences.
Gin & Luck is currently expanding beyond Death & Co with bars, restaurants and hotels nationwide. We are constantly seeking the best opportunities to fuel our growth, ultimately providing opportunities for our talented team members to continue to grow both personally and professionally!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)